Failure the Key to Success
Looking back as we approach another year end and tabulating whether my successes have been more than my failures. It’s clear that failure has left its imprint.
The hardest blow came in the form of failing a major exam. The pain was crippling. It did knock me out for a bit. But after all, how do you climb back onto the saddle when the horse has flung you off: when your plans fall to pieces? Life will constantly test your resolve and level of commitment.
If only we could have patience in the midst of our trials. Coping with rejection and apparent failure is a serious matter. The tragic death of John Kennedy Toole (American novelist born in 1937) screams this truth. No publisher would touch Toole’s book. He began suffering from paranoia and depression. In a vain attempt to kill the pain, he committed suicide at the age of 31. Toole’s novels were rejected during his lifetime. However, posthumously, he won the Pulitzer Prize in 1980.
Never let Success get to your Head. Never let Failure get to your Heart.
Many of us have stifled our life by heeding some misguided critic who implied we were not good enough. Few things in life are certain. But failure and rejection are.
Failure seems as something to be avoided at all cost. Although it leaves a sour taste, we should embrace failure for the learning opportunity it is. Failure is the oldest teacher, and perhaps the wisest of them all. Some things are impossible to completely grasp without first falling down.
Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is atemporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” ~Denis Waitley
I would like to share 20 Powerful Quotes on failure that will inspire you to keep persevering.
1. “You always pass failure on your way to success.” ~Mickey Rooney
2. “A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in the experience.” ~Elbert Hubbard
3. “Failure is the tuition you pay for success.” ~Walter Brunell
4. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have. ~Dale Carnegie
5. “Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.” ~Soichiro Honda
6. “The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success.” ~Paramahansa Yogananda
7. “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” ~Sumner Redstone
8. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” ~Truman Capote
9. “There is no failure. Only feedback.” ~Robert Allen
10. “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.” ~Zig ziglar
11. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” ~Og Mandino
12. “Its fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” ~Bill Gates
13. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” ~Richard Branson
14. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” ~Michael Jordan
15.” Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” ~Napoleon Hill
16. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”~Henry Ford
17.” My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” ~Abraham Lincoln
18. “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” ~Thomas Edison
19. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. “~F. Scott Fitzgerald
20. Our best success often come after our greatest disappointments. ~Henry Ward Beecher
Finally, don’t let the fear of failure hold you back.
Remember to take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise. Always find joy in your journey for as George Bailey said it best “It’s a Wonderful Life!”
I wish you the very best in life, success and prosperity.
I really appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post. Here are the other 14 posts I have written:
If you liked this post, I’d love it if you’d hit the “follow” button at the top of the page so I can continue to write and share with you on a variety of topics.